After you have tied the knot with your sweetheart and taken the vows, you may be keen to spend some time with your spouse, celebrate the nuptial bond and go on a honeymoon. If you are not too keen on going overseas, you would be delighted to know that plenty of beautiful locations in India would give you a delightful honeymoon experience.
From the ethereal beauty of the backwaters in Kerala to the stunning snow-clad mountains in Shimla and the scenic beauty of Gangtok, many places spell romance. The natural beauty of these places and the calmness will make you fall in love all over again as you discover the area with your significant other.
So, without any further ado, let us look at some of the best honeymoon destinations in India.
· Udaipur – The place that makes you feel like a royalty
· Shimla – A dreamy destination to start your marital journey
· Alleppey – The place where calmness serenades you
· Coorg – The mystic hills where coffee, conversation, and romance brew
· Gangtok – The place of unmatched natural beauty
If there is one city in India that screams royalty from every corner, it is probably Udaipur. A town with its own charm is sure to win your heart over at first sight. The majestic palaces, the iconic structures seeped in rich history, and the overall scenic beauty of the place gives you and your partner much to converse about and bond over conversations.
With many places in the city to discover, like the City Palace, Lake Pichola, Bagore Ki Haveli Museum, Fateh Sagar Lake, and more, you are sure to enjoy a good time with your partner as the fascinating stories about these places unfold in front of you. One of the most romantic places in India, a honeymoon cannot get any more romantic than in this beautiful city.
Things to do in Udaipur
· Watch the sunset over Lake Pichola as you take a boat ride
· Attend the Mewar sound and light show
· Enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner at Ambrai Ghat
· Take a camel ride
One of the most popular hill stations in India, Shimla has all everything you may need and look forward to as a tourist destination to enjoy a dream-like honeymoon. The capital city of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla, exudes an old-world charm yet has a modern outlook with the best amenities.
Adding to the city’s charm is the beautiful weather, which remains pleasant throughout the year. The weather during the winter season, however, may be extreme and harsh as it snows from mid-December to February.
It is an ideal honeymoon destination in India for all kinds of travellers. Whether you want to chill or indulge in some adventure, Shimla has something to offer for everyone. It all depends on what your partner wants to do. You are sure to have a good time, whatever you choose to do, guaranteed!
Things to do in Shimla
· Watch the sunrise from Chadwick falls
· Do Ice Skating
· Take a long walk on the mall road
· Go trekking
· Take a ride on the toy train from Shimla to Kalka and back
Alleppey or Alappuzha
Famed for its pristine backwaters, Alleppey lives up to its reputation as one of the best honeymoon places in India. An idyllic town with a long and scenic coastline, and tropical weather, makes it a great place to recollect the happy moments from your wedding and make some new memories for a lifetime.
Here, you can wake up to the sweet sounds of the birds, observe the traditional village life, and marvel at the magical sunset over the sea.
Things to do in Alleppey
· Indulge in a lovely couple massage or ayurvedic body treatment that leaves your mind and body rejuvenated
· Enjoy a stay at the iconic boat house cruise
· Watch the world-famous snake boat race during Onam
· Go on a picnic at Marai beach
· Savour the delicious local cuisine, especially the fish preparations
Imagine going on a first coffee date with your partner post-marriage; for the venue, you have the whole of Coorg city. Cradled between the mighty Western Ghats, Coorg is a quaint town in the hills that enchants you with its acres of coffee estates, lush green forest covers, waterfalls, and temples.
Adding charm to the place is the sweet aroma of the spice plantations. As you walk through the streets, you may smell the fragrance of cardamom, which would make you forget all your worries and be in the moment. You can enjoy exploring the beauty of the place by stay one of the resorts in Coorg located on the hills. You can wake up to the beautiful view, which would set the tone right for a delightful day ahead.
Things to do in Coorg
- Enjoy an outing exploring the hidden waterfalls in the town
- Go on long romantic walks in the coffee or spice estates
- Enjoy a wildlife safari
- Discover the spiritual side of you together as you explore the charming temples
- Go on an elephant ride
The Pride of Northeast India, the list of best honeymoon places in India, cannot be complete without mentioning Gangtok. A city of unmatched beauty, Gangtok, has a lot to offer to couples, and you are sure to have a timeless experience as you see some of the best sights.
The peaceful vibe of the town and the enchanting monasteries will help you feel relaxed and calm and set you on the right path to begin a new marital journey with your beloved.
Things to do in Gangtok
- Watch the sunrise or sunset at Tiger hills
- Take a stroll amidst the aromatic tea gardens
- Enjoy a ride on the ropeway
- Ride on a Yak at the Tsomgo Lake
- Visit the monasteries and seek spiritual guidance from the monks
Where to stay?
No matter where you go on a honeymoon, you can elevate your honeymoon experience by booking your stay at the Club Mahindra resort. The resort would be a perfect base for exploring the local area and nearby famous tourist spots. Also, during your stay at the resort, you can enjoy a range of signature experiences that make your holiday memorable.
So, now you know where to go for your honeymoon and where to stay. Pack your bags and get going; a memorable time with your loved one awaits you!